Susquehanna Township Stormwater Improvements – Susquehanna Township, Dauphin County, PA
Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc. (HRG) assisted our long-time client Susquehanna Township with drainage system improvements in ten different locations.
This involved significant coordination with property owners on the relocation of sheds, fences, landscaping, trees and even a pool in order to construct the improvements, which included replacing aging corrugated metal pipe with polyethylene and installing a drainage swale with inlets to eliminate flooding.
We also re-profiled the roadway in one location with extremely flat topography and minimal existing drainage infrastructure in order to reduce ponding in this area. In addition, we added new inlets and drainage pipe to further alleviate flooding.
Project tasks included:
- Preliminary and final design
- Hydrology and hydraulic analysis
- Preparation of final technical specifications, easement plats and documents
- Estimation of construction costs
- GP-11 and GP-5 Permitting
- Utility coordination (including Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) test pits)
- Preparation of a Project Manual and bidding documents
- Contract award services
- Contract administrative services
- Construction observation services
Client / Owner
1900 Linglestown Road
Harrisburg, PA 17110
- $1.3 million in drainage system improvements in ten locations around the township.
- Construction cost savings of approximately $400,000 due to our design.
- Significant coordination with property owners.
Contact an HRG Water Resources Professional for more information on this project or related services.