Solar Collector Field – Middle Paxton and West Hanover Townships, Dauphin County, PA
Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc. (HRG) provided land development and site design services for a 2.6 megawatt solar farm in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. This solar collector field houses more than 8,000 solar panels on nine acres of municipally owned land and is one of the largest municipally owned solar generation fields in the state.
Our services on this project included:
- Site analysis
- Environmental assessment
- Zoning exhibit creation
- Subdivision and land development plan creation
- Site layout and design
- Constraints mapping
- Landscape architecture
- Water and wastewater engineering
- Electrical engineering
Many municipalities are investigating solar to cut energy costs. Dauphin County hopes this facility will offset 38-40% of its annual power usage.
Client / Owner
Dauphin County Industrial Development Authority
112 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17108
- One of the largest municipally owned solar generation fields in Pennsylvania.
- 8,190 panels produce 2.6 million kilowatts of electricity per year.
- Electricity is sold to local utility.
- Revenue from electricity sales has the potential to offset 38-40% of the power usage at county facilities.
- Easily replicated model stretches the municipal budget and provides energy that is noise- and pollution-free.
- Winner of the 2014 Dauphin County Premier Projects “Infrastructure” Award.
Contact an HRG Land Development Professional for more information on this project or related services