Solanco School District – Providence Elementary School – Lancaster County, PA
Providence Elementary School was one of two elementary schools within the Solanco School District that required substantial upgrades to meet state educational standards. A 17,700 square-foot expansion was approved to accommodate a new lobby, library, computer center, gymnasium, art room and music room. Also, two new playgrounds, additional parking areas, and improved bus access/circulation driveways were part of the District’s project requirements.
As a subconsultant to the architectural firm, Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc. (HRG) performed the necessary site design/civil engineering services for this project. The collaborative efforts of the Solanco School District, architectural firm, and HRG ensured that the District’s requirements were addressed, as well as enabling this project to be successfully completed on time and within budget.
HRG’s services for this expansion project included:
- Identified zoning issues and prepared the application for the zoning hearing board
- Attended township meetings to secure approvals
- Prepared the land development plans
- Prepared the layout and grading plans
- Prepared stormwater management design concepts and Calculations
- Prepared site details of driveways, parking areas, sidewalks, playgrounds and stormwater facilities
- Prepared erosion and sedimentation control plans
- Provided wetland investigation services
- In accordance with State guidelines for safety, developed a vehicular circulation pattern that would ensure the separation of the kindergarten students’ bus pick-up and drop-off area from that of the other elementary students
- 17,700 square foot expansion
- Two new playgrounds
- Parking areas
- Improved bus circulation driveways
Contact an HRG Land Development Professional for more information on this project or related services.