Matthew J. Lena, P.E.
Highway, Rail, & Aviation Team Leader
Mr. Lena has been working in the transportation engineering field for over 17 and currently serves as the Highway, Rail, & Aviation Team Leader for Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc.’s (HRG) Eastern Region. His responsibilities include providing design and construction administration services as they relate to the new construction and reconstruction of roadways and railways.
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Professional Engineer, PA
- Ashpalt Concrete Field Certification, Virginia Department of Transportation
- Elements of Stormwater Design, North Carolina State University
- Hydraulic Cement Concrete Field Certification, Virginia Department of Transportation
- Roadway Worker Protection/Contractor Safety, CSX Public Safety Coordination Center
- Soil and Aggregate Field Certification, Virginia Department of Transportation
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Highway, Interchange, & Intersection Design
- Transportation Planning
- Traffic Engineering
- Construction Administration
- Contract Administration
- Roadway Design
- Right-of-Way Services
From 2001 to 20015, Mr. Lena was a project engineer with Earth Tech in Boston, Massachusetts and from 1998 to 2001 he was a project engineer with Delta Airport Consultants, Inc. in Richmond, Virginia. During this time he served on a variety of projects that involved airport design, taxiway relocations, rehabilitations, and widenings, runway designs, airport service roads and grading plans, and obstruction removal.