Jewish Home of Greater Harrisburg – Lower Paxton Township, Dauphin County, PA
The Jewish Home of Greater Harrisburg recognized the need to better serve our ever-aging population. This need resulted in the decision to expand their existing nursing home facilities and to provide assisted-living services. The Jewish Home initiated the project with the Lancaster-based architecture firm of Reese, Lower, Patrick, & Scott, Ltd. (RLPS). RLPS invited Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc. (HRG) to join their team of project professionals and was responsible for:
- Assisting in rezoning the 20.25 acre site to retirement residential
- Providing site design for infrastructure associated with expansion of the 72,700 square foot existing nursing home and the addition of a 3-story, 63-bed, 120,000 square foot assisted living center
- Obtaining state agency approval for accessing and crossing the adjoining state highway
- Obtaining state agency approval of land development plan
- Obtaining state agency approval for stream relocation
- Preparing site work specifications as part of construction contract documentation
- Ongoing construction phase services
The project also included construction of the related site infrastructure such as parking, stormwater management facilities, utilities, an emergency access lane, and landscaping.
Reese, Lower, Patrick & Scott, Ltd.
1910 Harrington Drive
Lancaster, PA 17601
Jewish Home of Greater Harrisburg
4000 Linglestown Road
Harrisburg, PA 17112
- 20.25 acre site
- 63-bed Assisted Living Center
- Nursing Home Expansion
Contact an HRG Land Development Professional for more information on this project or related services.