Clearfield Riverwalk & Park – Clearfield Borough, Clearfield County
Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc. (HRG) worked with a team of public and private organizations to make this riverfront redevelopment project a reality.
Using a $5 million grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development, the local economic development corporation, Clearly Ahead Development, set out to develop a premier gateway attraction for commercial and recreational use along the West Branch of the Susquehanna River.
The project is to be completed in three phases and includes a one-mile riverwalk, a public park, and two commercial areas designed for restaurants, office space, and a boutique hotel.
Public entities including the Clearfield Borough, PA DEP, Clearfield County Conservation District and the Clearfield Municipal Authority worked closely with Clearly Ahead Development, HRG and the RJ Corman Railroad to make this project a success.
The first phase to be designed and constructed was the riverwalk and park located on the west bank of the West Branch of the Susquehanna River.
HRG’s services included:
- Conducted site feasibility studies to determine the viability of developing the property.
- Designed the concept for the riverwalk park and sidewalk system.
- Obtained the Water Obstruction and Encroachment Permit for work within the river.
- Obtained the Individual NPDES Permit for the project.
- Prepared and obtaining a Greenway grant to supplement project funding.
- Designed site remediation for contaminated soil areas.
- Provided project coordination between stakeholders.
- Prepared final design plans, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Provided construction administration services.